Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Squash


Had a few games of squash today. A good way to relieve the stress from work, which is really pants at the moment. Having a manager that doesn't give a toss and is a tosser himself, is so frustrating. So smacking a ball against a wall is a great way to get rid of the tension.

We (Ian and myself) play with another couple (Tamara and Adam) and try and go atleast once a week. So it's good to look forward to something inbetween work. I played Adam today, and it was a challenge but I still won 4 games to one against him. I got a good work-out. We are quite equally match, so it was good. I've only lost 2 games against any of them since we started a couple of months ago. Everyone is keen on wiping the smile and smuggness off of my face after every session, so they sneak in extra sessions throughout the week to get extra practise.

I don't mind. The harder they play the harder I play. You are only as good as your losing oppenent.

No comments: