Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Jill Goldberg

Shock, by Jill Goldberg, is one of many photo's of her collection "End Times" which has provoked an uproar in the art community and the public. Poeple are saying that Jill has been abusing these children while taking the photo's, by stipping them of their clothes and giving them a lollipop and then taking it away from them to get a reaction.

Personally, I think these photo's are very emotional and powerful. Jill took these photo's to portray her view on how people are feeling anxiety to how the politics of her country (America) are ruining the future. She's stated "Sometimes I feel like crying with the way things are going." As for abuse, these photo's were taken under the supervision of the parents, so if Jill should be accused of abuse, then so should the parents for letting them be taken in this state. I don't think that there is anything wrong with these photo's, because I believe there would be no long term damage from the candy being taken away from the children. She ended up giving the candy back after a minute or two after the photo's were taken.

It would be great to hear your opinions on this topic. So please leave a comment. I have some websites on the side bar for people to have a look at if anyone is interested.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey there!

all is good on this side just overworked and soooooo tired.

bundi is coming to visit in november, can u guys mabe arrange it so that you can all come together cause i ont think they will give me more time off? let me know

enjoy the weekend!!!!!!

me

Wishbone said...

That's when Steve goes on his holiday...so I don't think we can go in November.......That sucks major...... Are youstill able to come over at the start of December? I hope so......xxx