Thursday, February 15, 2007

Connections - Cocktail Learning

Last Night I finally got a call at 6.30pm saying that I'll be working at 9 that night (abit inconvenient, but oh well need the money). So all was good and I worked outside again (which has it's good and bad points), but I got a chance to learn some cocktails and practice them, which is cool. It feels weird cause I only know how to drink them not make them (except for a small few).

Last Night I made an Elevator, Illusion and a Fruit Tingle.

ELEVATOR: In a Shaker - 1 Shot Chambord
1 Shot Vanilla Absolute Vodka
Fill Shaker with Ice

Shake Vigorously

In Glass - Fill Glass with Ice
Strain Shaker over Ice until Half full
Top with Red Bull

(This cocktail was the best of the 3. It is very tasty)


Illusion: In a Shaker - 1 Shot Malibu
1 Shot Midori Melon
Fill with Ice
Top with Pineapple

Shake Vigorously
Leave In Shaker with a few straws.

(Boondi, this would be the shaker for you, it's like fruit juice. Not Bad but very sweet.

Fruit Tingle: In Glass - Fill With Ice
1 Shot Blue Curacao
1 Shot Vodka
Top with Lemonade
Dash of Grenadine in Middle

Should have a 2 tone effect, Pink & Purple/Blue.

(Didn't try this, but apparently it's not too bad. It's like a lolly (sweet for English people) we sell in Aus.)

You should give these a try, especially the Elevator, that was awesome.

Wednesday didn't bring a good crowd. I ended up getting about $7 tips and there were a few people I had to cut off because they were fucked. It wasn't as enjoyable as the weekend because of that. I can't wait til Friday/Saturday so the crowd will hopefully be much better....... Nice and Friendly.

No comments: