Monday, February 12, 2007

My Jobs

I had an awesome weekend at Connections. Friday was opening night, and first official night working in the club. It was manic. To start off with, I had no idea how to use the tills or where any of the alcohol was kept or anything. I was just shoved in the deep end to fend for myself. After about and Hour of struggling, I got used to it and had an awesome night. I got $91 in tips (which is awesome). Saturday night was completely different. It was a lot quieter. I was working in the outside bar with Ken, which was has a completely different feeling than inside. They have chillout music and the mood is more relaxed. It was a beautiful night outside not to cold (until about 5.30am when the temp dropped alittle but nothing to outrageous). You also have the view of the city at night from the rooftop, which I just love. I really enjoyed working outside, except for the fact that there isn't a post mix pump outside so we had to open small bottles of mixers for every drink, and they were kept at the bottom of the fridges, so my legs were killing by the end of the night. I did more squats in one night than a personal trainer would make you do in a weeks training....... If I keep working outside I'm gonna get killer legs... hehehehe. Also because it was pretty quiet, I pretty much was left to myself to run the bar by myself. Ken kept going on breaks and was just around if I needed him (which was good). So on Day 2 I was looking after a bar pretty much by myself....... I think they are glad how quickly I picked things up, and don't have to worry about to much with me... I just need to have more practice before I'm really comfident....(need more practice with shooters and cocktails...then I'll be fine....I hope)....

Also, today was my first day of Orientation at Burswood. It was awesome. I met this girl who is fab... we just got along really well.....(meeting her for breakfast tomorrow morning before the second day of orientation...) which is cool...........we just kept piss farting around and chatting all day. The videos were a bit boring and because I have only had four hours sleep each night since Friday Night.. I felt like I was gonna fall asleep..... but I got through it ..... all is good... can't wait to sleep tonight hopefully will get atleast 8 hours.... fingers crossed. I get to see where I work tomorrow and see who I have to work with and stuff..... We have half the day with the big group from today and then we all get separated into the different departments that we are working in (So i have to say goodbye to Hayley then) and we get alittle orientation for the places we are working in.... can't wait... I'm all excited about that.........

So I'm finally gettting my life back on track... Ian's still looking for a job. Has applied for quite afew jobs and is still waiting on replies...but he's happy and missing me when I'm at work.... Ah Bless....


So all is good in Sunny Aus.

No comments: